Our Projects | MOD
We work as the Tier 1 contractor for Amey, who as a joint venture, hold the £500m+ contract to provide maintenance services to domestic dwellings on behalf of the Ministry of Defence in the UK. Our contract with Amey sees us providing property maintenance services to 9000+ homes across South Wales, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
As the incumbent contractor in these locations, GB are the sole provider of the following;
- Responsive Repairs inc Out of Hours service
- Empty (Void) property maintenance
- Gas Servicing and Repairs
- Electrical Repairs and Cyclical testing
- Street light repairs and maintenance
- Capital Works (Decent Homes, WHQS) including kitchen and Bathroom installations, Boiler installs and Electrical rewires. Window and Door replacement programmes
- Ground working
- Play area installation and maintenance
- Aids and adaptations including full property re-design
- Low level asbestos removal
As our partnership with Amey covers a huge geographical area, it means that our work takes us into a multitude of communities. We are pleased that, where possible, we are able to help contribute to these communities through a variety of local initiatives for example, apprenticeship programmes through local colleges, sponsorships, charitable donations etc. We take great pride in the work we provide supporting the MOD and the serving forces families.
Due to the nature of this contract, GB has a policy of ensuring all employees undertake the necessary security checks to work with the Ministry of Defence. A detailed and comprehensive background assessment is undertaken before any prospective employee can start with the company.